Care and Cleaning Your Boat Cover
Protect your investment by following our care tips:
- Avoid letting water, snow, or debris stand on the cover. The use of support poles, support systems, and straps will help prevent this and will allow water to drain off of the cover.
- Always tie the cover down securely. When trailering, use heavy duty tie-down straps. Avoid using bungee cords that can stretch, causing damage to the cover and to your boat’s finish.
- Take the precaution of padding windshields, trolling motors, depth finders, etc. to give the cover added strength around stress areas.
- Keep your cover looking its best by regularly brushing away any loose dirt with a soft brush, then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Clean your cover every 8-10 months as necessary using a solution of lukewarm water and a mild soap such as Ivory. Rinse thoroughly and allow to air dry.
- Always allow cover to dry thoroughly before folding for storage.
- We highly recommend 303 Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner which is safe and effective. Be aware that repeated cleanings can diminish the water repellency of marine canvas. 303 High Tech Fabric Guard will restore water repellency to factory-new levels